At Bolton libraries we have a wide range of resources providing a wealth of business information.
- Trade directories
- Business directories (including Key British Enterprises and Dun and Bradstreet Business Registers for Lancashire and Greater Manchester)
- Full sets of UK telephone directories and Yellow Pages
- Online access to FAME, a database containing financial and company information on over 2.4 million businesses in the UK and Ireland.
Financial data and statistics
- Census information (local and national).
- UK Official publications such as Parliamentary and Departmental reports.
- UK trade, financial and trade statistics.
- FAME – detailed financial data on UK companies.
- Newspapers and journals (including Financial Times, Investors Chronicle and Money Facts).
- Northcote Data providing access to financial information published by large companies.
- MyWorkSearch online jobeseekers toolkit.
- National and local newspapers, including JobsNorthWest.
- The Occupations directory, describing hundreds of jobs and the qualifications needed.
Legal and standards information
- British Standards Online (full texts of all current standards).
- UK legislation and codes of practice.
Market research and information for StartUps
- Newspapers and journals (including access to NewsBank, a database of national and regional news).
- Datamonitor market research reports.
- The Complete Business Reference Adviser (COBRA) which contains fact sheets, market reports, contacts and sources of funding and support to help entrepreneurs and their advisers.
Check out our Big Ideas Generator events supporting innovation, new businesses and entrepreneurs here.
Using FAME, we can create mailing lists tailored to your needs. We can search using different criteria and export the lists in various formats. Please note: there is a charge for this service.
Bolton Libraries are part of the Ask about Business partnership with Manchester City Library, authorities in Greater Manchester, Blackpool and Blackburn with Darwen. The service enables access to even more resources held across the region covering Pre-Start and new businesses, existing business, jobseekers, consumers, inventors and business students.
We also work closely with other information providers and business related organisations both within Bolton and nationally. We can signpost you to the most relevant organisation to suit your needs.
For more information about business advice and support and news, events and business opportunities in Bolton, go to Business Bolton's website.
How much does it cost?
You can use our business resources for free.
There is a small charge made for company mailing lists. Printing and photocopying is charged at the normal library rate see the Library Charges page for more information.
Online Resources for Business Information
You can access some of our resources via the web, using our Online Resources.